All About Me!

All About Me Update: Thursday, March 8, 2018

Aloha!  My name is Naho, and you are now reading my All About Me post/page.  In this, I will be writing a little about myself and what I like to do! 🙂  I am an eighth-grader at Hongwanji Mission School and I live in Oahu, Hawaii, United States.  I speak full Japanse and I do performing arts and piano.  I also love to read, sing, and dance, and my favorite color is white.

I just finished a production of Cinderella last month. My school drama program performed Cinderella, and I got the part of the Fairy Godmother! “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!”  I think I was an okay Fairy Godmother.  I even got to wear a blonde wig! 

Fairy Godmother: Bing Free to Use and Share Images

At home, I have six pet fishes that are fairly large.  I sadly have no other pets, but if I did I would get a dog.  My favorite animals are horses and I hope that I could ride one someday.  My favorite food is miso soup that my mother makes.   For people who do not know what that it is, miso soup is a Japanese soup with tofu, miso, onions, and more.  I love this because whenever I am sick, it makes me feel better when I drink it.  Also, it has a familiar and nostalgic smell/taste.  What is your favorite food?

ISAMLIU Flickr via Compfight cc

I don’t play any instruments or do sports, but I do speak full Japanese.  I went to Japanese for four painful years learning how to speak, read, and write Japanese.  Going to Japanese school helped me a lot, but I hated kanji (Chinese characters that are used in Japan) because I had to memorize over 1,000 characters (and there are even more).  Luckily, I can now speak, write, and read Japanese.  I talk to my family and relatives in Japanese.

This is a Japanese article I am reading out of my textbook.

I have more things to tell you about myself, but I will save that for another time.  Comment down below on what your favorite color is! 🙂